Storyboarding...
The storyboards for Headless Chicken, hand-drawn with notations - the intention almost certainly being to use them as a guideline on-set and in pre-production, but just as essentially the very act of drawing them up served to stretch my mind visually. Considering shot types, movement and lighting, all to the effect of visual communication was another step towards really forming this story in a mode more tangible than just my imagination.
I found myself particularly conscious of the styling and pacing of Slap as a visual reference, with the semi-skeletal and highly detailed profiles of the protagonist similarly thoughtful and evocative to the visage of troubled youth I want to portray. I can only hope that the equipment, lighting and conditions will align in order to capture the fragility of the boy, along with an eye for casting - this at least I think I have sorted, with a friend willing to hack it in the cold for a night.



Comments
Post a Comment