A Brief Introduction...

Hello there! My name is Spike, and this is a blog dedicated to the development of my A-Level Film Studies coursework. I know that doesn't sound like the most exciting prospect in the world, but bear with me; the idea is to develop a short film (of 5 minutes or less) through a number of creative decisions and influences, and to mark them all neatly through this convenient little blog.

Something about me then. I'm seventeen years old and taking Film Studies at Hills Road Sixth Form College alongside English Literature and Classical Civilisations. Now both of those other subjects (as fascinating as they sound, I know) are fine and all, but film's really where my interest lies. I hope to one day be able to tell stories through such a medium, and this seems as good a place as any to begin the development of my first production.

I'll be sure to write more about my initial reactions to the project brief in a later post, but I should probably fling some general genre preferences and influences at you to start to paint a picture of where my head's at in general. My favourite genre by far at the moment is dark comedy, and despite a lack of representation for the genre in the list of short films we have to study, that inevitably was the first genre that came to me upon first thoughts. That, alongside an interest with the 'genre' of real life drama, basically encompasses my main influences.

I'll be sure to reference a plethora of sources for the ideas that spring up along the way, and I hope you enjoy the creative journey toward my short film.

-Spike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Set Research Film No. 1: Slap

Set Research Film No. 5: Operator

Shot List and Final Arrangements